Get Ready for the DMS Color Run!
Parents – The Dighton PTO has chosen Boosterthon to power the Dighton Middle School Color Run! This is a FUNdraising experience starting on October 2nd, culminating in an epic Color Run on October 15th! The experience is safe, fun and designed specifically for older students.
This year, we are raising $30,000 for School Enrichment and Initiatives! So, we need your help...
Starting October 2nd, you can sign up your child for the Color Run! The sign up is simple. Create the website using the instructions HERE and make one flat donation of $30. Parents and students are encouraged to get further pledges - or even use the site to ask others to help raise the $30 entrance fee. The requirement, however, to participate is only $30.
HOW IT WORKS
· Students will RUN/WALK/SKIP/DANCE around the track at their own pace. Periodically, they will be colorized (powdered with color) while running.
· Teachers and Staff will throw the color! (Hey, they deserve a little fun, too!)
· If you have a breathing condition like asthma, you can run in the color-free lane.
· If you have light colored hair, color can stick around for a few days. Apply coconut oil or olive oil before the run to easily shake off the color.
· Warning: Phones/cameras will get colorized. Leave inside to jkeep them squeaky clean.
· Warning: Throwing water on yourself will result in a mess you do not want to clean up. (Trust us.)
ITEMS TO BRING
· Be ready to get messy! Wear clothes you don’t mind getting covered in color!
· Face protection recommended. We will supply sunglasses. Running with eyewear is way more fun than running with your eyes closed!
· Bring a bandana if you want. But, the colored corn starch is non-toxic, so if you eat it, it’s okay.
· Bring a beach towel to help dust off after the run. We’ll help too. We have leaf blowers!
· Cleaning stations will be provided to get you 90% back to your regular self. (Remember…leaf blowers.)
· Parents – Cold water washes color our better than hot!
The Color Run will take place during the latter part of the school day at 1:00pm so students can still catch their bus home.
Click HERE for frequently asked questions.
Click HERE for a list of the Color Run ingredients.